It seems for the moment that I have successfully started to learn PHP and SQL. Instead of using a blogging platform that had already created, I decided to build a simple one myself. I hope to add new features for myself to use soon and maybe even apply the functionality to the portfolio page so that I can easily add new stuff!
Over the past couple of weeks in my spare time I've added a separate stylesheet for mobile devices so that the site is easily readable.
I've also removed some pages and tried to simplify the overall structure of the site. I've removed the contact page and have instead added icons into the menu on the left hand side of the screen.
In relation to these blog posts, I want to have the date posted and date edited (if applicable) as well as the ability to click the title to view the post alone on its own page.
Unfortunately, I seem to have broken the Processing sketch that was on the Portfolio page of the site. This whole page is pretty underwhelming at the moment. I'll need to tackle this problem and figure out the best way to present portfolio items. I also clearly need to add a lot more portfolio items to this.
Quietly passed through here and fixed that pesky broken Processing sketch...
I've jumped back into working on this site a little bit now that Semester 2 of Uni is over. I looked a little bit more into PHP and mySQL to get the site functioning a little bit better. This has allowed me to add dates to blog posts which is reasonably useful. Other stuff I looked into was .htaccess which has now allowed me to have a password protected admin section of the site (which is much better than hoping no-one decides to try and guess the URL). The other things that i'm going to work on is making a way for me to publish and manage stuff on the portfolio page so that I can start adding more Uni projects up there.